When bed sheets need washing, it is important to do so correctly. Lots of folks just chuck them in with the rest of the laundry, resulting in less-than-optimal results. Since you spend about 7 hours per day on your bed, it is worthwhile to spend some time learning and re-learning the best way to launder them.
Let us practice good bamboo sheets care by learning about how to wash your bed linen.
- Your bed sheets need to be washed on a regular schedule
- Your bed linen needs you to pay special attention to the care label that is attached to your sheets
- Your bed sheets need to be washed in separate loads from other types of laundry
- Use the correct type of detergent for washing your bed linen
- Laundry balls can tear your bed sheets
- Washing your bed linen in the proper way will prolong the life of your sheets and keep them comfortable for years to come
Your bed sheets need to be washed on a regular schedule
Besides washing your bamboo sheets before using them the first time, the best frequency for washing your bedsheets is about once a week. If you cannot do it once a week, then try once a fortnight. Set up a schedule and stick to it.
Your bed linen needs you to pay special attention to the care label that is attached to your sheets
Many brands of bedsheets have a special care label sewn on to them. Depending on whether or not the sheets are made delicate material, washing a bed sheet set may require special treatment. For example, we recommend that our bamboo sheets be washed in warm water at 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius) because hot water can reduce the longevity of this type of bedsheet.
Your bed sheets need to be washed in separate loads from other types of laundry
When you wash your bed sheets, only pillowcases should be in the washing machine with your bedsheets. Everything else must be washed separately for various reasons.
- Rigid objects in other laundry, such as zippers, can snag and tear your bedsheets.
- Lint-prone laundry, such as towels, can deposit fuzzballs all over your bed linen.
- Certain dyes from different colored clothing may discolor your sheets.
Use the correct type of detergent for washing your bed linen
Some materials are more delicate than others and require milder detergents. Be sure to check the labels on your bed sheet set. If you are unsure, it is better to use a milder detergent. Also, bleach is a definite no-no for delicate materials.
For bamboo rayon sheets, we recommend mild liquid detergent such as:
- Mrs. Meyers
- Seventh Generation
- Kirkland Ultra Clean
Using baby shampoo to wash your bamboo bed sheets is also a great idea.
Laundry balls can tear your bed sheets
Laundry balls, washer balls, or dryer balls can snag your bedsheets and tear them. The last thing you want in your sheets is a run, or even a hole!
Washing your bed linen in the proper way will prolong the life of your sheets and keep them comfortable for years to come
When you properly wash your bamboo sheets, they will serve you well for many years. Since quality sleep is important to your life, it is essential that we take proper care of your bedding. We wish you and your loved ones blissful slumber all night, every night.